One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Dreaded Word

Cancer.

No one ever wants to hear that they have cancer. Now let me make this perfectly clear, I do not have cancer, at least not that I know of. However, I have found a few lumps/bumps on my neck that concern me. One used to be about pea-size and has massively grown to about the size of a dumpling in Campbell's Chicken and Dumpling Soup. I just discovered 2 more small ones. The bigger one didn't concern me when it was small but now it does. It doesn't hurt or anything, it's just annoying. I firmly believe that this is a cyst and have nothing to get worked up about. I am a hypochondriac and believe everything that happens to my body is going to be the worst thing. Another worry of mine is the fact that I've been basically sick since last October and can't seem to catch a break. Most people have told me, it is because you work in a daycare and still aren't immune to all of the germs. I typically would agree, but I've worked in daycares before and have never been like this. My brain then starts buzzing with the thoughts of leukemia, cancer of the blood. Being the person I am, I looked it up on WebMd and began to believe firmly I had all of the symptoms: always sick with an infection, night sweats, loss of appetite, bruising, bleeding from the gums and nose, and the list goes on. So now that I've worked myself up over this idea I can't shake it. My plan is to call and schedule a doctors appointment. Mainly for the bumps on my neck and get those taken care of and then maybe once we figure those out, I won't be as terrified of the other symptoms and just chalk them up to the meds I've been on.


Peace&Love
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment