One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Monday, June 20, 2011

In Honor of Father's Day

I was going to post this yesterday but worked for 15 hrs so I was exhausted and decided it could wait. I bought a book for my dad called "Why a Daughter Needs a Dad" by Gregory E. Lang. It's very simple yet very meaningful and I want to share some of the reasons why a daughter needs a dad.

A daughter needs a dad...to learn that when he says it will be okay soon, it will.
...who will not punish her for her mistakes, but help her learn from them.
...who will always make sure she has a place to come home to.
...who will never think she is told to need him.
...to make the family whole and complete.
...to protect her from scary nighttime creatures.
...to answer the questions that keep her awake at night.
...to tell her that all is not hopeless, even when she feels it is.
...to join her journey when she is too afriad to walk alone.
...to be the standard against which she will judge all men.
...so that she will have at least one hero who will not let her down
...to tuck her in at night
...to teach her patience and kindness
...to help her try again whenever she fails.
...to hold her as she cries
...to teach her that a man's strength is not the force of his hand or his voice, but the kindness of his heart
...to calm her when she is stressed by her challenges
...to show her how to fix things for herself
...to teach her that ignorance is not an excuse for anything
...to teach her to learn from her experiences


These are just some of the reasons. I am thankful for my father for all of these reasons. Sometimes I cannot express what he means to me. I appreciate him for all that he has done for me and the sacrifices he has made for me just so I can succeed and have a better life.

No comments:

Post a Comment