One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Thursday, June 16, 2011

Completion of Insanity

I can't believe I can acutally say I finished the workout Insanity. It was 60 days of pure hell and craziness. No wonder why the percentage of people who complete it is small. The first half the Insanity workout was basically prepping your body for the more difficult stuff. There was a week of recovery which I loved, not just because I was recovering but also because the exercises were the best. The second half was hour long nonstop interval training. I am happy to say I did lose weight and inches. However, I feel like I would have lost more if I followed the given food plan. I'm not much for people telling me what I should or shouldn't eat. I cut out almost all processed foods and ate more whole grains, fruits and veggies. I continued to eat some sort of meat for dinner whether it was a lean hamburger or chicken or bratwurst(hey every once in awhile you just got to eat the fatty stuff.) I don't eat much sugary foods as it is, so cutting that stuff out wasn't hard. I don't really eat chips or unhealthy snacks. So even though I didn't follow their plan I think I did fine on my own.

First weigh-in and measurements:
152 lbs
Chest: 35.5 in
Biceps: 12 in
Waist: 31.5 in
Hips: 41 in
Thights: 25in
Dress Size: 10/12

Last weigh-in and measurements:
144 lbs
Chest: 34in
Biceps: 11.5in
Waist: 29.5in
Hips: 38in
Thighs: 24in
Dress Size: 8

One thing I have learned through this is to never give up! Somedays were difficult to get through and so were some weeks. Sometimes I didn't lose weight and was upset. But it wasn't all about the weight but how much more energy and strength I was getting. I tried a Jillian Michaels workout dvd today and was like sheesh this is a piece of cake. She is supposed to be this difficult trainer and I got throught the workout in a breeze. I guess I have to find something else. Right now I'm mixing up some taebo, walking, zumba and dancing with the stars teach you how to dance dvd and kettleball workouts. I continue to eat much the same way, but recently I've had a sweet tooth so I got some Ben and Jerry's Red Velvet Cake ice cream...which is to die for! I haven't reached my goal weight of 125. I have a long way to go yet, but if I keep going on this path I know it is doable.

Suggestions for what to do next?

Peace&Love
~L

1 comment: