One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Sunday, September 28, 2014

Fall Fun

I can't begin to describe how much fall makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. It brings back days as a child getting excited for the major holidays ahead. This is the time of year where everything seems nearly perfect. The weather. The colors. The food. It almost seems calm. Life is supposed to slow down during the summer but for me fall does that. It's essentially the calm before the storm of winter. I am taking every opportunity to relax and enjoy my favorite season. Whether that has been hiking or reading a book outside. I think we've been blessed with a pretty wonderful September thus far. The leaves are changing but the sun and mid 70s have stuck around for most of the month. Yesterday a friend of mine from work and I went to our local farmers market which was amazing. There were so many local artists and lots of food. We headed to a local restaurant that has the best outdoor seating on the roof which unfortunately was closed yesterday so we sat out on the sidewalk patio instead. We had a couple beers and soaked up the sun and great conversation. After our relaxing morning we headed to the Fox River and rented some kayaks. I've decided I love it and hope to do more of it soon. We spent a few hour taking in the beautiful scenery and the last days of sunshine. After that we headed to her place for some light snacking and more talking. All in all I had a tremendous day enjoying my favorite season.


Peace&Love
-l

No comments:

Post a Comment