One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Sunday, September 14, 2014

Fall Food

If you don't know I'm a huge fan of fall. It's by far my favorite season. I like the cooler, crisp air. Where it's still warm enough to wear jeans and a sweater without being too hot. It's a great transitional season for fashion. I love the leaves changing colors and the smells of the season. From the burning leaves outside to the pumpkin or apple spiced candles. I'm also a huge football fan Green Bay Packers of course. With football season being in full swing it gets me excited for football parties and the delicious food and beers associated with the game and the season.

Now that I'm living on my own and have my own kitchen appliances to put to use I'm even more excited to start cooking more hearty foods, especially in my crockpot. It's been unusually cool around here for this time of year so today I'm making chili. I've made a few in the past and have tried different receipes, still looking for the right one. I found this on Pinterest from shugarysweets.com. It was really simple to make which I love and somewhat healthy. I used ground turkey instead and a variety of canned veggies to make this chili. It took me about 15 mins to prep and now it's on low and will simmer for the next 6 hrs.

Peace&Love
L

No comments:

Post a Comment