One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Thursday, January 16, 2014

Time to Cross Off #6

I can't believe it finally happened. It happened in the least expected way and rather sudden. I went to my first ever professional football game, and a Packers one at that. To top that off, it was a wildcard playoff game. I didn't have very high hopes for a victory, since we barely squeaked into the playoffs, and sure enough we did lose. The experience however, is indescribable.


The great state of Wisconsin, among plenty of others, were experiencing what has been called a polar vortex. Basically super cold air that was keeping temperatures below zero with even worse wind chills. Imagine going to a football game in that kind of weather. Layers upon layers would not be enough for this poor body of mine. We lasted until midway through the second quarter when we knew it was time to leave. It was surreal. Being surrounded by thousands of fans who are just as crazy as you are about a team, maybe even crazier. The green and gold and the unofficial color hunter's orange were seen throughout the stadium.


How we scored the tickets to the playoff game was rather simple, boy's boss won them in the lottery system and offered them up to him, for a pretty price of course. But he wasn't about to turn down tickets to a playoff game, and I'm glad he didn't and invited me to join. Although I wish the weather was warmer, the experience was great. And I'm glad I get to cross that off the list.








I wrote this a few days ago and tried uploading photos but this here blogosphere had other thoughts. (This is what I get for not switching to .com yet)


Peace&Love
~L





No comments:

Post a Comment