One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Sunday, April 7, 2013

Thoughts on Turning 25

Folks, I'm nowhere near turning the big quarter of a century old yet...I've got about 5 months to go, but last night I celebrated one of my good friends 25th birthday. It was a very chill night, compared to our usual nights together, where we get very drunk and do some pretty crazy things. Last night it was really just her and I until about 1am, when another friend of hers came. We had a few drinks, reminisced about the old times we've drank together in our younger days, and performed a few karaoke songs (actually she did that, I don't sing in front of others.) At about midnight I began to realize something I'm old. No, I'm not 90 old, just 24.5 old. I could barely keep my eyes open and the bar was darn near dead at this point. I realized the days of staying out til bar close are darn near impossible at this age. I suppose I could be saying last night was more or less just a fluke and I didn't drink nearly enough to compete with previous years of celebrations. And maybe that's what I'm hoping for...a fluke. I've got grand ideas for what I want to do with my 25th birthday since it happens to fall on a Friday this year and I'm so taking off for it. I mean 25 is a big milestone in my book. At that point I only have 75 more years to go to be 100. How cool would that be? It means that I can do everything...finally. I'm actually considered an adult now because at this age I can rent a car. There is nothing else in my way.

25 years is not really that old in the grand scheme of things and its crazy to think I've lived that long. As I look back though, time has really flown by. Anyways, when I turn 25 there will be a post about reflections so I'm not going to do that here. Cheers to 25!


Peace&Love
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment