One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Friday, December 31, 2010

My Final Post of 2010

It's hard to believe its already the end of 2010. Its been a year of changes and with its ups and downs. I started blogging mainly to hopefully make a difference to someone out there reading. My life and most times is rather dull and God willing the year 2011 will find me all sorts of places doing all sorts of things. I type this to you as I sit alone in my apartment. I could have been with my family, if I didn't have to babysit-which wound up not happening anyways, which is unfortunate. So I feel that I could have stayed and enjoyed some more time with the fam. Anyways, a recap of my year:

I'm still in college and had finished another year in May. I stayed in South Carolina and took a summer class and it gave me the opportunity to do some exploring around here. In April, God took home my cousin Rebecca who had been battling cancer. She was an amazing person here on earth, and she has made a huge impact on her community. She started a fund, Cure With Hope which is raising money for Mass General children's cancer ward. Right after she passed I went up to Boston to visit my sister and brother-in-law and we went to visit my aunt and uncle. I very much love the city of Boston. I need to spend more time to see everything, but I got to see quite a bit. I journeyed to MLC for probably my last time in May to see many of my friends graduate. I was sad that it wasn't me, but hey got to roll with the punches. My brother graduated from highschool in early June and is now attending Kansas University. My parents moved to Florida right after my brother graduated. I was blessed to finally get a job at the end of August and now am a babysitter for a pretty great kid. For Thanksgiving I went to North Carolina to my aunt and uncles cabin. It was nice to get a little break from school and the chaos that is. In my previous post I mentioned my Christmas break and its getting close to coming to an end. I'm happy yet not looking forward to starting classes. The sooner they start the sooner I get done.

Well that was a short version of the major events that happened this year. I hope next year is full of amazing opportunities and wonderful surprises. I hope I can cross some things off my bucket list. So this is so long 2010 and hello 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment