One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Break

I have been on Christmas break now since Dec 9th. It has been a very much needed break and very relaxing. I road tripped back to Wisconsin to visit friends and family. Although I was sick for the first 3 days and was limited to what I could do! I did a lot of shopping and hanging out with my best friend Amber. I also went to visit my grandparents and a few other friends. I unfortunately was not able to visit everyone I had hoped, mainly because my stay in WI was limited and I had to be back in FL by the 23rd. But I did have a great time regardless. I also got to meet some new people!

My brother and I drove 21 hrs straight to get to FL. It was a long trip and it had its normal bumps...traffic, not great weather, bathroom stops and gas fill-ups. We ate as unhealthy as any person could, fast food all day. We finally arrived around 1 am on the 23rd. After a much needed shower I was off to bed.


Christmas Eve came and we went out to dinner at a sushi place and then we went to church...arriving late as is usual for my family. Christmas Day came and went, it didn't even feel that we had Christmas. On top of that the weather was near 70 definately not our typical Christmas weather. We did skype with my sister and brother-in-law and that at least made it feel that we had more family here. I did get a lot of gifts but the best one by far was getting a Wii system. Although, I'm happy with the material gifts I received, I am more happy of the birth of Jesus. His birth means so much: soon it will be his death and ressurrection that we ponder and thank him for.


The next few days will mainly consist of more relaxation. I will be returning to South Carolina on Thursday and will continue babysitting again. Classes start Jan 10th...which is crazy, but I am ready to get this last semester (keep fingers crossed) underway. Of course I will still have summer class, but I'm ok with that. It gives me more time to look for a job and travel the southeast before I move for good!

Amber and I with Sprecher man

With the Grinch


Making Christmas cookies


No comments:

Post a Comment