One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving

It felt so nice to get out of S. Carolina for awhile. It was nice to have a break from school. Although now that I'm back it is really hard to get back into the rhythm of doing anything! I've been doing a lot of thinking about my future, but I have to get through next semester and summer and hopefully I will be done. fingers crossed.

My crazy brother!

Anyways, Thanksgiving was spent at my aunt an uncle's cabin in N. Carolina. It is probably a tradition now. We've been going for more than 5 years now. I love going to the middle of nowhere and not having access to the internet and not having good phone service. It forces you to get connected with your family. But its not hard. I haven't seen most of my family in months so there is always stuff to talk about. I arrived on Wednesday mid afternoon and was greeted by my brother and my uncle and his brother. I sat down and had some lunch and a brewskie. (much needed after the long drive.) I spend most of the afternoon talking to my brother. My dad drove up that night and hit a deer about 2 miles from my aunt and uncle's. Luckily he was ok and the car wasn't damaged. The deer was ok too! On Thursday, much of the day was spent cooking and eating. We had turkey, quail, sweet potato souffle, mashed potatos, broccoli casserole, rolls and of course multiple choices of pie. Much to my surprise I couldn't eat as much as I normally do, I have weight watchers to thank for that!

On Friday, my aunt and mom were not feeling well, but my mom wanted to get out of the house, so we went to Blue Ridge, Georgia. The town was so cute and decked out for Christmas. My dad, brother and I got to sit in santas sleigh, but I forgot my camera so I have no picture. It was cold that day, not even above 40! But it felt nice. We did a little shopping and then headed back.

River in N. Carolina


Saturday, my mom left to go back to Florida, cuz she wasn't feeling well and had to work the next day. My dad, brother and I decided to go for a drive and drive we did. Dad wouldn't listen to me and so he took a wrong turn. But I guess what are adventures for if you always follow the map? Needless to say I conked out on the way back. We went out for Mexican food with everyone. I tried to put my Spanish skills to use, but alas, I suck! We watched many college football games as well. Many good games and more shuffling of BCS standings. This makes me happy!


Looks like snow, but its frost!

Sunday I left. I didn't want to leave just yet! Mainly, because I knew when I got back I'd have to get back down to the nitty gritty final projects. Also, because I love hanging out with my family and being in beautiful mountains. My car needless, to say was completely frosted over. Luckily, my dad had given me a scraper before he left so at least I could scrape it off.















No comments:

Post a Comment