One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Wednesday, June 6, 2012

#20 Memories

I can't believe it's June already!!! Time keeps flying by, but I'm enjoying the days. I couldn't be happier with the man in my life. Who I grow to appreciate and like more and more as each day passes. The only thing that isn't making me happy is work, but what else is new.

I am almost there finally to #30. The question of the day is recalling 3 significant memories from my childhood.

1. Putting glue in a kids hair in kindergarden. You may wonder how this is significant? It isn't really, but I just remember how much that boy cried and how I had to stay in for recess. I remember not really caring about what I had just done. I think this started a lifelong passion for rebellion and breaking rules.

2. Trip to Washington D.C. I was fresh out of 8th grade and looking forward to starting my highschool career. My family and I usually took a trip some where every year and this year we were head to D.C. What I remember is learning about our country and learning about history. I have since grown to love history and would love to keep taking classes or reading more about everything historical, especially related to our country. I believe this trip cemented a lifelong love of history and respect for America.

3. Grandparents 50th. There is nothing more I love than spending time with family, especially ones I dont get to see that often. I'm not sure how old I was then, sometime in grade school I believe. I just remember how excited I was to prepare this event for my grandparents. I remember looking through OLD pictures and wondering who everyone was and what life was like back then. I grew to appreciate my grandparents more and have a better understanding of where they came from and where I came from.

Peace&Love
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment