One womans journey to find herself and make the most out of life






Monday, January 17, 2011

One Safe Place by Marc Cohn

I thought this was fitting of my never ending journey to find myself:

How many roads you've traveled
How many dreams you've chased
Across sand and sky and gravel
Looking for one safe place

Will you make a smoother landing
When you break your fall from grace
Into the arms of understanding
Looking for one safe place

Oh, life is trial by fire
And loves the sweetest tase
And I pray it lifts us higher
To one safe place

How many roads we've traveled
How many dreams we've chased
Across sand and sky and gravel
Looking for one safe place.


I've traveled a lot more roads then most my age. I've been down a few bumpy paths and some straight and flat ones. I've learned a lot along the way and am still learning. There are many things I wish I would have done differently, but I can't go back and change them. Every choice has made me who I am today. People ask, if you could go back in time and change just one thing what would it be? I think about that and would used to say nothing. Today, I would change my choice of school and major. But here I sit almost done and not having the slightest of where I want to be or what I want to do that will make me happy. But I guess I'm still traveling down some roads and chasing some dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment